MOORESVILLE, N.C. — Residents with respiratory issues in an area of southwest Mooresville are asked to stay inside to avoid exposure Sunday while crews allow a large storage building fire to burn itself out.
Firefighters were called to Timber Road at about 4 a.m. where a large metal building that stores straw material was ablaze sending columns of smoke into the air.
The amount of straw, water runoff and other concerns were factors in allowing the fire to burn in a controlled manner.
Several departments responded to the fire.
Return to this story for updates.